MSC Luxembourg S.A. is a sales agency operated by MSC Belgium. MSC Luxembourg covers their country and border area for all inquiries and services. Because the operations are handled by MSC Belgium, container loads can be transported from and to all 5 continents with weekly scheduled departures and arrivals from and to the port of Antwerp. In addition to the traditional ship agency services, we can also offer modern and innovative door-to-door tri-modal solutions (truck, train, barge).
Demurrage/Detention combined starts on the day of pick-up of the empty container up to and including the announced Proforma Sailing Date as per booking confirmation.
Storage starts on the day of the arrival on quay up to and including the announced Proforma Sailingdate as per booking confirmation.
For more information regarding tariffs and free time, please consult the following flyers:
What is VGM?
Verified Gross Mass or VGM refers to the exact, verified weight of a packed container. For safety reasons, vessel operators can only load a container if its weight has been verified. VGM can be submitted on www.mymsc.com
Government approval status
- The government will check the procedures and will certify the methods used - Additional info
- The General Service for Shipping (DGS) will be responsible for enforcement and implementation of the VGM regulation within Belgium.
- More info
What do I need to include in my VGM instructions?
- The following items are mandatory and must be on all VGM instructions
- Booking or Bill of Lading number
- Container number
- VGM + unit
- Authorized person’s signatory (submitter of the VGM who may be authorized to act on behalf of shippers
- Responsible party Name
Deadlines for sending your vgm instruction
- VGM must be known to the ship-agent, at least 24hours before physical closing of the vessel. The VGM cut-off date will be mentioned on the booking confirmation.
- If the VGM is received later, the container will not be planned/loaded on the vessel.
Entrance at the terminal
- Containers arriving at the gate without VGM will be allowed at the terminal, however not loaded when VGM not provided in time. Please be aware that the terminal has no weighing facilities.
Admin fees and costs
- If the VGM has to be handled manually by the local agent, a local fee of 25€ per container will be applied. This also applies for VGM info added in the electronic booking.
- If the VGM is not received before VGM closing time, container will be put on hold and all related costs (like demurrage, storage, moves, plugging), will be for the account of the shipper.
Customer service desk
Your local MSC contact
+32 3 543 22 00
Hazardous cargo must be declared to Port Authorities, latest, 24 hours before arrival of container on quay in Antwerp.
For Vessels' arrivals during Weekend, latest, at 12:00 (noontime) on Friday: always fulfilling 24 hrs before container's arrival on quay.
For this purpose DC (Dangerous Cargoes) Data must be available as per above-mentioned deadlines combined with guidelines of MSC Dangerous Cargo Dept.
Port restrictions related to specific DG classes or UN numbers can be found in the port restrictions of DMAXS.
Shipper is responsible for removing old labels on containers or attach proper ones according to hazardous contents, costs to correct those deficiencies in Antwerp include:
- 2 extra moves
For a Lump sum of Euro 225,00/handling
Imo Declaration HKD (harbour master)by MSC BE : Eur 55,00 per container.
All hazardous containers with port of loading Antwerp must be in DMAXS with container number in status ACCEPTED or FINALISED prior to arrival at terminal (by truck, train or barge).
|MSC Agency X||213B6543210||MSC1234567||DV/20||Antwerp||False||Finalised|
|MSC Agency X||213B0123456||MEDU1234567||DV/20||Antwerp||True||Accepted|
As per Municipal Council decision of 19 December 2016 under article 4.2.4 (1-5) of the MUNICIPAL PORT POLICE REGULATIONS all dangerous and/or contaminating goods (meaning hazardous cargo) have to be declared to the port authorities. The declaration must reach the Harbourmaster's Office no later than 24 hours before the scheduled handling time. Declaration has to be done electronically.
After a period of grace all violations will now be penalized by Harbormaster's office with a fine per container.
Since all violations will be penalized by Harbormaster's office, we will have to charge 250 EUR for every non-conformity with these instructions.
In Antwerp we retrieve all information from DMAXS. In order to submit the declaration we need the units with container number in status ACCEPTED or FINALISED in DMAXS.
Only when ACCEPTED or FINALISED with container number we have all crucial information available to successfully submit our declaration.
This all is only applicable when MSC Belgium has to perform declaration - instead of the forwarder/client.
In short: All hazardous containers must have container number in status ACCEPTED or FINALISED status in DMAXS
Charge 250 EUR for non-conformity
Only applicable if MSC Belgium performs declaration
Please note cut-offs can be found on our e-business platform www.mymsc.com or at www.msc.com.
How to find cut-offs on MyMSC?
Ready to get started? Contact our Belgium team to request a quote, book or find out more about our local services.
Call: +352 26701621
Mediterranean Shipping Company Luxemburg S.A.
11B, Boulevard Joseph II
LU - 1840 LUXEMBOURG