MSC established its first office in Malaysia in 2001 and now has three offices in Selangor, Penang and Johor, as well as an operational office in the Port of Tanjung Pelepas (PTP). In December 2021, MSC Malaysia relocated its largest local office in Selangor to a bigger, more accessible building to facilitate growth and better serve our customers.
Government approval status
All shippers are required to register themselves with Marine Department Malaysia (Jabatan Laut Malaysia) and declare the method which will be used to obtain VGM. The Marine Department requires all weighing machines to be calibrated and certified by Metrology Corporation Malaysia Sdn Bhd, validity of 2 years for parties who perform the VGM weighing.
The weight acceptance variance at:
Terminal will deny entry at the gate if the weight exceeded CSC weight.
Based on above VGM verification, Terminal Operator will use the VGM for stowage planning.
What to include in your VGM instructions to MSC
The following items are mandatory and must be on all VGM declaration to MSC
• Booking number or Bill of Lading number
• Container number
• VGM – Verified Gross Mass
• Weighing Method
• Weighing Party
• Responsible Party
• Authorized person’s signatory (submitter of the VGM who may be authorized to act on behalf of shippers
• VGM acquired time (Optional)
• VGM reference (Optional) Any missing information will be deemed as non-submission and NO LOAD.
How to submit your VGM instructions
All VGM is required to be submitted through POL terminal portal as well as to MSC via below:
- via INTTRA
- via myMSC
- Manual submission by email to MY172email@example.com . Subject Header of the Email, please indicate as:<Submit VGM- Loading Vessel Name & Voyage - MSC Assigned Booking Number>
- VGM cut-off deadlines = Container yard (CY) cut-off time
- Penang: 6 hours before ETA
- Pasir Gudang & Tanjung Pelepas: 8 hours before ETA
- NO additional plan allow after CY cut off
Admin Fees and costs
- MSC Malaysia encourages clients to declare VGM via online submission. There are no administrative charges imposed by MSC for the moment.Should there be new information, we will share with you.
- Should there be any charges levied by 3rd party or by MSC incurred as a result of NO VGM received timely, will be for Shipper’s account.
- It is recommended that shippers keep the VGM records for future references if required. If in doubt, always contact MSC’s local agency office.
- For Part-Load shipments – instances where there are multiple Shippers consolidating their cargo in the same container. Please appoint 1 of the Shipper to submit VGM per container to MSC.
- VGM cut-off information is available on the Booking Confirmation Form & MSC.com.
- Amendments of VGM information are allowed before the assigned deadline.
GET IN TOUCH
Call: +603 3385 4288
Whatsapp : +603 3385 4288 or scan the QR Code below
It is illegal to bring the following items into or out of Malaysia.
In addition to the prohibited goods above, a number of items are heavily restricted. For more information, click the links below.
Banks in Malaysia
Foreign exchange control in Malaysia is governed by the Exchange Control Act, 1953, under which the Controller of Foreign Exchange, who is also the Governor of Bank Negara Malaysia, the central bank, is empowered to regulate foreign exchange dealings in Malaysia.
The Act imposes general restrictions on foreign exchange dealings by residents and non-residents. No person is allowed, among others, to buy or borrow foreign currency from, or sell or lend foreign currency to, any person; to make any payment in Malaysian ringgit to a non-resident in and outside Malaysia; or to deal in ringgit assets in Malaysia without the prior permission of the Controller.
There are no restrictions for non-residents to invest in Malaysia to purchase ringgit assets, such as landed property and securities. There is also no restriction for non-residents to transfer abroad, in foreign currency, all profits, returns and divestment proceeds from their investments in Malaysia.
Click on the link below and download daily local full route schedules.
MAL EXPORT DOC REQUIREMENT Please click on the link for:
• BL Confirmation Deadline
• SWB requirement for FOB shipments
• Countries requirements
Malaysia Export Documentation Requirement