MSC Portugal was founded in 1991 and operates at the maritime ports of Leixões and Sines and at the dry ports of Valongo, Leixões, Aveiro, Riachos, Bobadela (Lisbon), Setúbal and Sines.
Over the years, MSC Portugal has built up its position in the national containerised market, becoming in 2006 the national market leader.
SOLAS VGM: a new regulation for a safer supply chain
Government approval status
Instituto de Mobilidade e dos Transportes (IMT) is the authority in charge for SOLAS application in Portugal.
MSC Portugal is still waiting for Government official decision about tolerances, penalties and level of control.
In the Terminals where MSC operates, we have the following situations:
Leixões port - TCL does not accept containers without VGM;
Sines port - PSA accepts containers without VGM, once they’ll be able to weight and provide VGM accordingly;
MSC Entroncamento dry port - there is a weighing service available for clients.
All official information published
What to include in your VGM instructions
The following items are mandatory and must be on all VGM instructions
Deadlines for sending your VGM instructions
VGM information should be sent to MSC Portugal, prior to containers’ arrival at the port (Sines & Leixões) or at least 48 hours prior to ETA.
In case you wish to use Terminals’ weighing facility, kindly inform agency in advance, in order to avoid extra costs (e.g.: extra-moves).
Admin Fees and costs
Please find below tariffs to be applied in case clients ask to weight containers at:
MSC Entroncamento: EUR 12.00 / container
PSA Sines: EUR 25.00 / container
Leixões (IP & TCL): EUR 12.00 / container
SPC Valongo: EUR 12.00 / container
SPC Setúbal: EUR 12.00 / container
Extra costs for failing to timely provide VGM as per carrier’s VGM cut-off (including but not limited to): Demurrage, Storage and Extra-moves
VGM documents should be kept for eleven years, accordingly to National Law.
MSC Portugal should be informed in advance about the appointment of 3rd parties to provide the VGM.
E-mail: PT083-BOOKDEPLIS@msc.com - Phone: + 351 210 128 472
E-mail: PT083-BOOKDEPLEI@msc.com - Phone: + 351 229 392 001
MSC Portugal operates at the maritime ports of Leixões and Sines and at the dry ports of Valongo, Leixões, Aveiro, Riachos, Bobadela (Lisbon), Setúbal and Sines.
|Custom code||Commodity designation|
|0102 90||Other live animals of domestic bovine species|
|0201 10/20/30||Fresh / Refrigerated bovine meat|
|0202 10/20/30||Frozen bovine meat|
|0402 10/21/29/91/99||Concentrated or sugar added milk and cream|
|405 1/9||Butter and other fat materials from milk|
|0803 00||Fresh bananas|
|1701 11/12/91/99||Cane or beet sugar and pure chemical sacarose in solid state|
|2207 10||Ethilic alcohol with an alcoholic degree equal or above 80%|
|2208 20/30/40/50/60/70/80/||Spirits and liquors|
|2402 20||Cigarettes containing tobacco|
At Leixoes, port veterinary authorities don't allow the inspection of foodstuff at ambient temperature for human consumption.
COMMISSION IMPLEMENTING REGULATION (EU) 2019/1014 of 12 June 2019
To lay down detailed rules on minimum requirements for border control posts, including inspection centres, and for the format, categories and abbreviations to use for listing border control posts and control points
- Cargo not customs cleared after 90 days of arrival date at sea ports, becomes in abandonment and can be sold in public auction.
- Cargo subject to environmental license: it's mandatory the presentation of original documentation that must follow the cargo throughout the routing since shipper premises until receiver's facilities. We, proactively, will request to the receiver's party this documentation by scan until 48 working hours before the discharge to be sent to PT083email@example.com. Failing to comply with this mandatory procedure prevents that rail positioning to the final destination (if applicable) can be performed and all extra costs at discharge port will be on receiver’s account (and cargo will be sent for destruction).
- FOODSTUFF is not accepted as cargo description nor the declaration of "1 bulk" for number of packages is allowed for break bulk cargo only and "1 lot" for personal effects description such as "general merchandise".
- Cargo manifest must show number of pallets (or cases) with respective number of packages for each pallet (or case).
- CITES species under Washington agreement which do not circulate with export license issued at origin of goods.
- Goods that may cause harm to the public health (meat ; fish, etc. with expired dates of consumption)
- Military material without authorization from the Ministry of Defense
Last update: 2022-09-28T20:36:00